Murex HIV Ag/Ab combinationEnzyme immunoassay for improved detection of seroconversion to human immunodeficiency virus
Combined Ag capture + double Ag ELISA (bridge test)
• High security for the operator. Each pipetting step is completely monitored by a color change (full sample monitoring included)
• Ease of use by performing the Murex HIV Ag/Ab combination assay in manual, semi-automated or fully automated way.
• More blood safety by earlier detection of viral infection when a combined antigen and antibody test principle is used (combination test)
• The reduction of the window period by using HIV combination assays was at least 3-5 days compared to HIV antibody only assays.
• Viable and economic alternative to nucleic acid testing (Nat)
• Capable of detecting p24 antigen levels as low as 16 pg/ml (following Sanofi standard)